to Class One's page!
Don't forget to follow our class page
@class1LN on Twitter
We are a happy class of 28 children.
Our class teacher is Mrs Nash and our teaching assistants are Mrs Portman and Mrs Standen.
Please come back often to check out our super learning.
Please take a look at our Autumn Term curriculum handout to find out more information about what we are learning about this term.
Our theme for this half term is…
‘Marvellous Me’ and ‘People Who Help Us’.
We will be focusing on:
- Learning all about ourselves, our family and our community;
- Becoming independent with self-care skills;
- Learning how to share and finding compromises;
- Developing our fine motor skills to control tools and equipment;
During literacy we will:
- Practise recognising our names;
- Practise writing our names and forming letters correctly;
- Hearing sounds in words and writing the corresponding letter.
During mathematics we will:
- Learn counting songs;
- Learn how to count groups of objects carefully;
- Recognise numbers and form them correctly.
Our theme this half term is...
TELL US A STORY and CHRISTMAS.
The main books we will be sharing are:
- The Gruffalo;
- The Gruffalo's Child;
- Dear Santa;
- The Nativity Story.
In Literacy we will be focusing on:
- Using our phonic knowledge to write labels, captions and lists;
- Forming letters correctly;
- Reading simple and 'tricky' words.
In Mathematics we will be focusing on:
- Recognising 2D/3D shapes and talking about their properties;
- Measuring and ordering items by length and weight;
- Exploring and using money.