We have a jam-packed term where we will be focusing upon learning about ourselves, people who help us, communities, celebrations and festivals:
- Bonfire Night;
Our core texts are:
- Owl Babies;
- Room on the Broom;
- The Gruffalo;
- The Gruffalo's Child;
- Dear Santa.
We will also be exploring Autumn time and the changes that occur in nature.
Our focus artist this term is Jackson Pollock. We will use his method to create our own master pieces.
In Literacy we will be focusing on:
- Using our phonic knowledge to write simple words, labels, captions and simple sentences;
- Forming letters correctly;
- Reading and writing 'tricky' words;
- Showing our understanding of what we have heard through answering questions.
In Mathematics we will be focusing on:
- Using numbers to 10;
- Finding one more than/one less than a given number up to 10;
- Recognising, ordering and correctly forming numbers up to 10;
- Adding and subtracting numbers using objects;
- Using shapes to create models;
- Beginning to name 2D and 3D shapes;
- Using everyday language to explore time and also sequence familiar events.